Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lessons from Airports

Why do I get frustrated…
Last night I had to spend the night in an airport. The airline people were not very helpful, and I ended up having to find a place to sleep on the floor. I was walking and rambling on in my head about how (sarcastic) wonderful it is when people are helpful and nice. Then I sat down in the wonderfully comfortable airport chair, and started to try to get settled for awhile. A man was sitting there, and he started talking to me. He was very nice and had an interesting life working in Alaska and living in Hawaii. During this conversation I had the wonderful opportunity to share the Gospel with him. I got to talk about what Christ did, and how to turn to Him, and what the Bible says about creation.
Why did the airline make me go outside of the gates where it was quiet on my connecting flight, and sleep where it was colder and loud all night? Why did no one help me find the actual desk I needed to get to? Why was there no other quiet spot to sit and rest? Why was this spot really far from the desk I was going to? Because I serve a sovereign God that planned for a man traveling from Alaska to be sitting in a chair, ready to talk about his adventures, to hear the Truth that Jesus is God and died for sins, and He created the world by His word. To hear the Bible is true, and yes, God does have a plan for everything.
Why do I write about this? I am a sinful woman that gets frustrated easily, and is humbled by a God that saved her and the amazing magnificent grace that is given from that. So, even though I am exhausted and freezing, I am thankful I had to sit up in the ticket area all night. I got to share about the One thing in my life that I absolutely live for. Hopefully next time I will rejoice always and be looking for opportunities to love someone rather than getting upset.

3 comments:

The Hofschroer's said...

Thanks for sharing Ally!

Conor and Koren said...

Thanks Allyson! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Great post Allyson!

God is good!

Thank you for your ministry in His name.

Don Adam