Friday, March 19, 2010

So Others May Live

So I just watched a movie, that I have wanted to see for awhile. "The Gaurdian" great movie. One thing hit me hard. It wasn't the story which was a great one, or the emotional ending. It was the motto of the Coast Guard "So others may live."
It just made me think. These men and women everyday put their lives on the line, work, and train harder than most jobs in the world so others may live. They go out into the raging sea even when the US Navy doesn't go out.
Do we as Christians understand that we have the only true Life? Jesus! Do we understand that to live is Christ?
So I'm sitting here asking myself. Is my life so others may live? Will I go where even the "US Navy" will not, will I go where ever, whenever So Others May Live.
Will I give my life to the ends of the earth in training, working, serving, loving, and sharing So Others May Live?
Will I understand that to Live is Christ, and truly understand that I can live So Others May Live- because to die is gain.

1 comment:

walter said...

Wonderfully put. Love ya.