I have been reading this book that is great. It is called "Instruments In The Redeemer's Hands." Tonight the chapter I read was about understanding your heart. About how we have desires, and are desires are constantly in a war with the Lord for rule of our hearts.
It talked about how when our desires rule our hearts we can begin to see our wants as needs, and as a result we get angry, hurt, or whatever when people are insensitive to our "needs." This is the source of fights, it's not that people are frustrating it is your own heart having sin. Also when our desires rule our heart we actually don't want God to be God, we want Him to just be our waiter and give us our "needs."
I have been babysitting these two cute boys, the other night one of them was crying because it was bath time and saying "But I need to play hide and seek, I need to!" Now I know he didn't need to play, he just wanted to, but he absolutely thought he needed to play hide and seek.
How many times do I do this? - I need my husband to...or he can be so frustrating when... I need her to understand this... I need God to... - How many times has the Lord looked at me and said "No Allyson you don't need that you just want it, I know what you need." Do I really not understand that He is the Giver, He gave me true Life.
James 4 is basically what the chapter of my book was talking about.
I pray that I would fight with all that I am with my members (or heart) to be totally and completely desiring Christ. That I would desire to serve others, and put them and their needs and wants first. That my desires would not rule my heart. Humble my heart Lord. Give me strength to not be deceived by my wicked heart, and to live in the grace Your Son gives to be ruled by You.
I know probably no one reads this anymore. But if anyone does, I hope this encourages, and challenges like it did me.
7 comments:
I still read, and yes it's encouraging! Funny because I corrected myself just an hour ago on my way to the grocery store when I said I NEED hummus. I didn't need it. I wanted it:) I know that is a COMPLETELY different subject but your blog brought more reality to it. Love ya Sis!
Excuse me? How come I am not linked on your page??
i love this book and totally feel the tension! Thanks for sharing
Glad to see you're blogging again :)
I changed the layout of my blog, and I don't know how to fix the links Merea.
It makes me happy that you girls still read my blog. I love you all more than you know.
Jenn- totally been stopping me this week too.
Thanks for sharing, Ally. Great words, ALWAYS good to hear/read these Kingdom words!
Amen!!! This is a good word no matter your age or station!!
Post a Comment