Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Neighbor the Hawk

A hawk lives in this tree, in the field right across the street from my house.  Actually 2 hawks.  For those of you who do not know, I am absolutely fascinated by these birds, really any big birds of prey.  I recently moved to this city, where everyday, a lot of places that I go I see these amazing birds.  Many times I have been made fun of by my excitement over them.
Well, I'm going to tell you why, if anyone is reading, I am so excited every time I see a hawk.  Shawn  and I have been experiencing a new chapter in life.  Good and hard things, when I remind myself hard is not bad it's just hard & good is not always easy but it is good (thank you Carrie).  Ways in which the Lord is growing us in trusting Him, I am thankful.
Whenever I see this hawk, or any hawk.  I am reminded of the most comforting 2 chapters in the Bible to me- Job 38-39.  Every time I think- "Is it by your understanding that the hawk soars?" Job 39:26.  I am in awe that this amazing creature soars by the Lord's understanding, and I am reminded again just who my Lord is.
Thank You Lord for being Almighty God.  The One I will rest in for all eternity.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Love them too! Great reminder of God's amazing creativity.

Marcella said...

I am reading. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It is encouraging!