About a month ago I was in a conversation with my parents
and some other people talking about the two grandkids being far away. The person in the conversation said
that her son could not move because his wife would not leave her mother. There were a lot of jokes that were
being said, and the question was asked, “Well why aren’t these girls the same
as that?” Everyone laughed but my
mom said quietly, “Because I taught them to follow their husbands.” I don’t think anyone but me heard it, I
don’t think she meant for anyone to hear.
But I did, and I sat there in quiet thankfulness to the Lord for the
Mother that I have been given.
It’s true my mother has taught me many things. Some of which are very hard for her,
and me. Above all she wants me to
honor the Lord, even if that means she might have a hard time. She has taught me to follow the Lord wherever
He leads, even if that means going to live in a land that is not “safe” and is
very far. Or if that means taking
her grandchildren as well. She has
taught me to follow my husband, in so many more ways than just in physical
location. I have watched her be a
godly, submissive, wise, strong woman.
For a while now I have been thinking about the things my mom
has taught me. She has molded my
life more than she knows, in every aspect of my life. I pray that I can be the kind of mother that the Lord has
given me, that I can have half of the godly impact and example in Mercy’s life
as I have been blessed to have.
The past few weeks I have shared many different stories and
ways my mom has taught me throughout my life. I could write for days. I have heard her say countless times, that one of her
favorite verses is 3 John 4, “I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my
children walking in truth.” This blog does not communicate the thankfulness
that I have for her. She is a well
of wisdom. I am overwhelmed with
thankfulness of all of the things in my life that are “because she taught me to…”
I love you Mama!!
Thank you for being the woman that excels them all.
1 comment:
You are so blessed with the mother you have Ally. And, like her, I'm sure your daughter will be thankful for you as her mother. I'm so excited for you guys! Being a mother is wonderful, and I love having a daughter. It's so much fun.
Post a Comment