I can't really believe it still but yes I am engaged.
The Story- We went up to Oak Glen and had a little picnic, then went on a nature trail. We sat on some rocks in a stream, and Shawn had brought our Bibles with him. We started talking, he was telling me about some verses he had been reading and that he wanted them to be us. They are in Hab. and talk about rejoicing in the Lord and how He is our strength. He said eventually I will fail you, but the Lord will not, and He is always our strength and joy. Then he told me he loved me, which was the first time. So I hugged his neck, and said I love you too. Then I heard, "Hey Al" I pulled back and he was holding the ring and said "Will you be my wife?"
After I said yes, he showed me the front of the Bible he had, and it said Allyson Wilhite. That is going to be my name!!!!haha
We went home and family and friends were waiting for us. When I ran in my Dad was playing the Hallelujah chorus real loud. We had dinner and just enjoyed the night. I loved it all. He is amazing!!
12 comments:
holy crap!...congrats!
I just talked to Merea. I told her that I was going to be your maid of honor. She didn't take it very well. You might want to give her a call about that.
Just kidding!
I love you and am so happy for you!!!!!
hahaha, we love the song your dad played!! I'm so excited you dont even understand...well maybe you do, I probably dont understand YOUR excitement!!
WHAT IN THE WORLD!!!!!! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN....WHEN IS THE WEDDING, 'CAUSE I WANNA COME
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is soooo exciting!!! WOW!
Congratulations!
Allyson,
Congratulations!!! We are thrilled for you both!!! You must bring him to meet us over here!
Know our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Love,
morgan's(jjmm)
HI!
Just wanted to say welcome to the family from another Wilhite. I'm Amy and I am Shawn's aunt(gosh that makes me feel old!) Anyway, I look forward to meeting you. :>)
Right on! That's some pretty exciting stuff. I know Shawn's great, but I've still gotta say he's a pretty lucky guy.
Love you Ally! What a great story! He did such a great job! I was "awe"ing and ghasping throughout the story, haha! I am sooo excited for you both and can't wait to meet him!
Wow, congrats to the two of you. Shawn is an amazing guy and from how much/little i know you you seem like an amazing woman of god yourself. blessings to the both of you, truly.
Congratulations you guys! That is so exciting! We are so happy for you both! When is the big day?
Post a Comment