I read a story yesterday in the news about a man getting trampled to death on Black Friday supposedly the best shopping day of the year. I personally experienced this day for the first time in my life this year, it was interesting. Not sure I have the strength to endure that kind of madness because what I hear is that I didn’t really experience all the hard core black Friday shoppers. Which reading this news articles just made me sad. Have we really in this country come so far in our greed, and need to be first that people will trample a man to death to get into a store? Did people even feel bad that they were stepping on someone to get inside to get a deal on a new toy that is absolutely unnecessary? Did anyone stop to try to help him, or was the greed and selfishness so much that they didn’t even notice the man?
I heard a woman call someone a horrible name, and say she wanted to “get her” for buying a few scooters. She was threatening saying there better be some left for me.
What are we teaching our kids? Where did the Christ in Christmas go? I pray that we would show the world around us what Christmas is really about. I pray that believers would give love and service. I pray that the thought of God coming as a man, so that we may be saved brings a spirit of what Christmas is supposed to be- love, joy, hope.
1 comment:
So this website has nothing to do with the price of aluminium then? ;o)
Post a Comment