Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bigger WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So today I was talking about my experience in the old fortress, my last blog subject, and found out something even more amazing about it. This very fortress was one of the reasons that Columbus even discovered America. The Ottoman Empire had shut off the trade routes to the East for the European empires so they had to find another way. So, I was amazed that the place was built before Columbus discovered America and today I find out it was one of the reasons why he discovered America. Craaaaaazzzyyyy!!!!

1 comment:

TW said...

Hey Ally,

I just found your blog and its great to read how everything is going for you. I'm pretty fond of those words from Job as well...it definitely gives one a proper perspective. It's amazing to find things older than America too (I remember coming across a bridge here built the same year that America gained independence and just sitting and pondering that for awhile). Hope you are doing well and seeing Goodness in all things. Blessings.