Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Overwhelmed

I thought that I would write a little bit about what the Lord is showing me the past couple days. Maybe it will encourage the two people that actually read this blog. Haha The other night I completely embarrassed myself. Which to be honest I’m beginning to think that is just going to be a normal occurrence in my life, sometimes I’m just dumb. Anyway, it’s not a big deal what I did but what I was reminded of. I got into my apt. and spent some time with the Father, and I read two of the most comforting chapters in all of Scripture to me. They are in the book of Job. Which might be funny to some people. Chapters 38-39. These chapters are God talking to Job. I love them, every single time I read them I sit in awe of Who He is. Job was having a hard time, yet the Lord brought Job to this. Read them it’s amazing. He starts out, “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?” There are tons of lines like that… “Have you ever in your life commanded the morning, or caused the dawn to know it’s place?” “Can you lift up your voice to the clouds so that an abundance of water will cover you.” “Is it by your understanding that the hawk soars”
I could type the whole thing, but my point is. It's comforting. Why, because God is God, He is Almighty, Sovereign, King of Kings, Creator, All Powerful, etc. No matter what I do in my life, or what happens in life, He will always be God. There is nothing more comforting or freeing than serving a Sovereign God.
Thank You Father for who You are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you read that whole passage to me one night in your apartment...needless to say, Job is one of my favorites now.