Tuesday, July 29, 2008

For skinny!

My bridesmaids, I love each one of them more than they know. I was going to tell them how special they are later but I wanted to tell everyone a little about each one. Thank you girls for standing up with me on this special day. If you don’t know them you should. There are 8 so bear with me.
Merea- maid of honor-
She is my older sister, but so much more than that. I cannot tell how many times I have laughed, cried, talked, learned, been challenged, been encouraged, and so many things by her. She is an amazing woman that seeks to honor the Lord in everything she does. She is beautiful, and seriously has the best voice in the world (I am her biggest fan). I can’t imagine life without her, I love her more than I can say. There is never a time she doesn’t make me laugh, and there are so many things that just are not the same without Merea. I love our relationship. She loves everyone around her very deeply. It is a blessing to have you stand right next to me, thank you. I love you Merea.
Jenni-
Also my sister, and so much more. Jenni has a joy that can only be described by the Lord being in her. She is always fun to be around, and encouraging. She challenges me with her faithfulness in so many areas. I always know I can go to Jenni, and she will have a soft word of encouragement or challenge, whatever I need. I am so thankful that I have been able to share so many things with her. I love you Jenni.
Hannah-
Sister and so much more. I am so thankful for Hannah she is one of the most encouraging people I have ever known. I can’t tell how many times I get a note telling me she is praying for me, and encouraging words right at the right time. She has a maturity beyond her years, and a strong desire for His name to be known in her life. I have had the privilege to watch her continually seek the Lord and encourage friends, and everyone around. She is also extremely funny. I love being with her. I love you Han.
Kaitlyn-
New sister and more. I have really enjoyed getting to know Kait. She is one of the sweetest people in the world. She is a wonderful mom, and I love watching her teach and love on my nephew. I also love that I have a nephew. She loves her family in a way that puts a lot of people to shame. I am very thankful how she has welcomed me into that family, and loved me in the same way. Love you girl.
Vanessa-
True friend J. I have had the amazing blessing of growing up with Nessa since we were 2. I could write pages on memories and all the things I have loved doing with her. What I will say is that no matter what happens, or how long it is between times we get to see each other nothing ever diminishes our friendship. Our verse has been true our whole lives and I am so thankful for that, “A friend loves at all times…” My heart smiles when I see her face, or hear her voice. I remember the day you got married watching you walk down the isle remembering all the times growing up we talked about it, I am so thank you are here. Thank you for being my true friend, and loving me still just as I am. I love you so much. I also love Lyla, and I love being her Aunt Ally.
Carrie-
Like a sister. Carrie is one of the most amazing women I have and will ever know. I love her with all my heart, and in my eyes she is a sister to me. It is a special thing to have such a wonderful friend that shares the same hearts desires in so many ways. When I can’t explain what I am thinking or feeling to anyone Carrie knows. She is beautiful and talented, and with that honors the Lord through those talents. She has been there many times catching it when I pour out my heart. With oreos and stars. Thank you. I love you.
Nicole-
Close forever friend. Nicole was my roommate all through college and I am so thankful and glad that she stuck with me all 4 years. I definitely miss seeing her everyday. The week I met her she had a special place in my heart and that never changed it just grew. I have been able to see her grow and challenge me so much. She is such an encouragement to my heart. I love you.
Lanaya-
Amazing wonderful friend. Naya and I have had a very special friendship all through college. We have laughed, cried, talked, and lived life together. She always has a way of encouraging and challenging me at the same time. I am so thankful for her. God has continued to show Himself faithful to us, and through everything she has been right there with me. She is a kindred spirit, someone who knows my heart and I know hers. It is so refreshing just to have her friendship. I love you Ghetto.

1 comment:

Shaun, Erica, Isaac, Parker, & Blake said...

How sweet!

Congrats Allison! This is such a special time in your life! And your future husband has such a great name!:) I'll be praying for you on the big day... We'll be in the mountains for a family reunion! I hope to see lots of pictures posted on your blog when you get back from your honeymoon! Enjoy that too!!!;)