I am listening to a sermon about what Christ did on the cross. In this sermon he talks about when Christ screams “My God, My God, why have you forsaken me.” Talking about how Christ had not protested, until this time.
That hit me today. Christ went through horrible torture, and persecution but without complaint or cries. When faced with being forsaken by His Father, He could not keep silent. Now I'm not saying Christ was complaining or wanting to stop what was happening. Only that the one thing that made him cry out was being forsaken.
I am overwhelmed with the Truth that because Christ was on that cross, died, and rose I will never ever know the pain, horror, and ultimate aloneness of being forsaken by the Father. Christ took that, and now He is always with me even to the end of the age.
Wow! Thank you Lord, for all that You have delivered us from.
No comments:
Post a Comment