Monday, July 07, 2008

It is well with my soul...

What does this mean? I am listening to this song right now. Thinking about a lot of things. A little over a year ago this time I was sitting in a room full of amazing women singing this song in the midst of a really, really difficult and scary time. I remember singing this song with tears flowing down my face looking around the room singing with women that shared my heart, saying, “Lord we know what it means to follow You in this place and it is well with my soul.”
I will never forget that time in my life, or the lesson I learned in those months. No matter what life throws at me, it is well with my soul. My sin oh the bliss of this glorious thought my sin not in part but the whole was nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, praise the Lord it is well with my soul.
That is what it means. My soul rests in my Savior no matter what life may seem like. Thank you Father for taking my sin, so that I may sing forever.
Oh Lord haste the day that my faith shall be sight!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! Sounds like a very memorable time.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me that even though we do have our ups and downs that Jesus Christ did pay the aliment price that so when I do go through those times, our Lord Jesus is there and it it well with my soul because He is there. Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of what the song really means. Even though we do go through some hard times, it should be well because God is there to help us and get us through. Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of where my heart needs to be at. Even though I may go through hard times, it should be well with my soul because God is there right next to me, holding my hand helping me along. Praise the Lord!

Unknown said...

I praise God you had the experiences you did. I believe God will use this one and others for His good many times throughout your life. I love you!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ally for reminding me of what that song is about, sometimes we sing songs because we know them, but we need to remember why we sing them. Thanks.

The Hofschroer's said...

I have no words... but you my dear put it so gracefully!
*amy*