Friday, November 14, 2008

Do Not Be Afraid...

I was reading the story of when the angel told Mary she was going to have a baby. That is what he said. Have you ever stopped to think about what might have been going through Mary’s head? Why is that what he said?
Will Joseph still love and trust me? Will my family disown me? Will everyone in my community look on me with disgust? What will happen?
That is not what she did, she said, “Behold, the bondslave of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word.”
Would I say that? Whatever it means Lord, let it be done according to Your word. I pray I do everyday.

3 comments:

jeremy phillips said...

The fact that she chose to go through with the plan God had prepared is one of the reasons she is the model Christian for us who are still alive on earth.

How beautiful she is!

Anonymous said...

The beauty of the virgin birth of Jesus to Mary was the miracle God performed when He chose to use one of His servants. The beauty of Mary's response was that she recognized God's power in it all and gave ALL glory to Him. She got it! She recognized that it wasn't about her, yet the Lord blessed her.
Luke 1:46-56

Ally said...

amen Jenn!!