
For the last few months I have been in the process of changing my last name from Price to Wilhite. I never realized how many things you actually have to change. I also didn’t realize the emotions that come with it. Some people might think I’m weird, or just really incredibly emotional, but it has been an interesting experience for me.
I am very excited to be Allyson Wilhite. I have chosen to stake my name and in a sense my identity (although above all my identity is in Christ) in my husband Shawn. He is a wonderful, amazing man, that loves, and honors the Lord incredibly. I am more thankful for the man God has given me than I can explain. I am very proud to be his wife and to become Mrs. Shawn Wilhite. I am very excited and thankful to see what the Lord will bring with our new family.
I have loved every second of being a Price, my family is a group of incredible people that love the Lord more than anything, and love me more than I can even imagine. They have always been a rock of support, encouragement, and challenge to love and serve the Lord and love His Word more than anything. I know that I will always be a part of the family, and they will always love me as family. It’s just an interesting feeling when someone says, “You are not a Price anymore” not a bad feeling it’s just something that is hard to explain.
I love my husband more than I know how to say, and I am happy, and excited to say I am Mrs. Shawn Wilhite. I am also incredibly thankful to have been Allyson Price for 25 years. I love you all. Thank you for all that you all mean to me, and have been to me. I just wanted you to know I am thankful for my Price family, and I am very thankful for my new Wilhite family. I love family.
I am very excited to be Allyson Wilhite. I have chosen to stake my name and in a sense my identity (although above all my identity is in Christ) in my husband Shawn. He is a wonderful, amazing man, that loves, and honors the Lord incredibly. I am more thankful for the man God has given me than I can explain. I am very proud to be his wife and to become Mrs. Shawn Wilhite. I am very excited and thankful to see what the Lord will bring with our new family.
I have loved every second of being a Price, my family is a group of incredible people that love the Lord more than anything, and love me more than I can even imagine. They have always been a rock of support, encouragement, and challenge to love and serve the Lord and love His Word more than anything. I know that I will always be a part of the family, and they will always love me as family. It’s just an interesting feeling when someone says, “You are not a Price anymore” not a bad feeling it’s just something that is hard to explain.
I love my husband more than I know how to say, and I am happy, and excited to say I am Mrs. Shawn Wilhite. I am also incredibly thankful to have been Allyson Price for 25 years. I love you all. Thank you for all that you all mean to me, and have been to me. I just wanted you to know I am thankful for my Price family, and I am very thankful for my new Wilhite family. I love family.
1 comment:
either you're not weird or we both are, because i went through the exact same surprise of "becoming another person". on the one hand it's not a big change. on the other hand it changes everything. enjoy the transition for what it is - proud of you for savoring both "you's"!
Post a Comment