

I had the wonderful opportunity to go visit some friends in North Africa. We went on a camel excursion, and stayed in a Berber tent over night. As we were riding out into the desert it was getting dark, but it was a full moon. I cannot tell you how much I loved being out in creation. It was absolutely beautiful, and quiet. It was so nice to get out of the city, and to be in the middle of nowhere. When I say nowhere, I mean the address for the hotel where we got on the camels was the GPS coordinates. There was not an actual address. After sleeping in the tent I woke up as the sun was coming up over the dunes, and had a wonderful time reading my Bible and talking to the Father. I went two days without hearing the sounds of a city it was wonderful. As we drove back through the desert on the “road” (which was really just tire tracks) we came up to a sign. No buildings, tents, animals, roads… for miles but there was an arrow, pointing where, I still don’t. It made me laugh. As we drove through this land verses about God bringing rain on a land without a man in it, and dry and weary lands, became more real to me. All in all it was a wonderful trip and I loved spending time with my wonderful friends. Thank you Tim, Amber, and Levi. It was a blessing to be with you, and refreshment to my spirit.
2 comments:
I can't believe you went to Northern Africa! When did you go? That looks amazing! I miss you Ally!
Wow. What an amazing picture. I'm so glad I found you on here. Hope you are doing well girl!
Post a Comment