Friday, March 23, 2007

Laundry fun!


So today I was trying to figure out the special cycles on my washing machine because I needed to wash a sweater. One of the cycles had one word, which made me laugh because when I looked it up it said "to evacuate." Now for the life of me I can't figure out what that wash cycle does. But yes, my washing machine has an evacuate cycle on it. Welcome to Turkey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...that's pretty funny...

I'd probably hold off on using that cycle...

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmmm...that washer looks awfully familiar...i never had to use the evacuate button, but i did break the door one time. I was so mad that I pulled the lever right off...it is funny what culture stess will do to you! Did it ever get fixed? We use to open it up with a knife!!

Mandy B Stenberg said...

Allyson - so I'm a blog reader through the Johnson family site to all Turkey folks . . . . I lived in Turkey for two years. ANYWAY . . . My husband happens to be a former dry cleaner . . . and the "evacuate" cycle takes the water out of the clothes. How's that?