Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ramazan Fun!

Today the month of Ramazan started. For those of you who do not know, that is the month that Muslims fast during the day. Needless to say from today on for a month there will be a lot of hungry people, and all that brings, around here. This is also a time of heightened spiritual awareness. This is a month where Muslims are seeking God, and seeking His favor through their fasting, and seeking to sympathize with the poor and hungry. Please remember this time, and all the times I have with friends during this time. There are so many great opportunities this month to spend time and really get to know the people and their culture. The evening meal, to break the fast each day, is definitely a time full of food, fun, and bonding. It is a little like the Thanksgiving meal every night with the quantity of food. Hopefully I will be able to share a few of these times with good friends. I will share pictures if I do.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh Ally, how I miss you! One of these days when my life doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart if I stop for a second, I'm going to call you! Love you!

Conor and Koren said...

Hey Ally, We'd love you have you. You will fly into Kiev. It's about 1.5 hours from our house and we'll drive in and pick you up. We'll pray it works out and you can find a cheap ticket. Stay as long as you like!
Love ya, Koren

Anonymous said...

Hey Ally,
I noticed that your friend CLove is an English teacher. Any chance C Love can help me get an internship teaching English next summer? Pretty pretty please!