Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I’m a little overwhelmed.
I went to Wal-Mart today. All I could do was walk around for a little bit. There are so many choices and things to buy in America. Anything you could ever need to buy is all in one place.
Last night I started to get a little overwhelmed, and its still here a little today. Things happen fast in America. I’m not used to that. I was only gone for 2 years, but it was such a huge part of my life and it changed me. There are a few things that have been making my mind work like crazy these last few weeks, which is why I started to get overwhelmed. My life is changing really fast, everything is. Am I ready for that? We will see.
I am reading Is. 40 right now. I had to stop at verse 8. “The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.” Yeah, things in my life might seem overwhelming, and change happens fast, but God’s word stands forever. The very thing that has been my Rock, has not changed and is still my Rock. He doesn’t change, He doesn’t get tired. There is none that is His equal. He is faithful, and will always remain faithful. There is no peace like the peace that comes from serving a sovereign God.

5 comments:

C-Love said...

Awesome post Ally. It's great to hear how you're doing. I hope you keep posting on here so all of us still here can know how you are.

I am back but haven't had time to really post about my trip yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Hope to talk to you soon.

carsonbelmont said...

I love that passage, it's very encouraging. Well it was nice to finally meet you the other day.

Unknown said...

Hey, I read Is. 40 today. :-) Love you & miss seeing your smile.

Laura K. Moore said...

I was really blessed to hear about your experiences in Istanbul. I laughed when i heard about the Christmas surprise. I hope that the change and reverse culture shock is tempered with a deep love in Jesus for a culture that you "thought" you understood but might have a hard time understanding in a new light. thank you ally :D

Laura K. Moore said...

I was really blessed to hear about your experiences in Istanbul. I laughed when i heard about the Christmas surprise. I hope that the change and reverse culture shock is tempered with a deep love in Jesus for a culture that you "thought" you understood but might have a hard time understanding in a new light. thank you ally :D