Monday, January 28, 2008

My heart is still.

“Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

I just had dinner with a good friend (love ya Coop). She was asking me some of the things that the Lord has been teaching me the last two years. She told me some things that she has observed about how I am different, and I just loved the conversation. This verse is just one of so many that sums up one of the many things I have been learning. I have been learning this for many, many years, not just in Turkey, but I learned it in ways the last two years that I never did before. The Lord has continually showed me He is God, He is sovereign, He is in control of everything. My soul can rest in this, no matter what happens in my life, no matter if I know what’s going on or not. He will be glorified, and exalted. That is what I live for, and it will happen.
Not only is He the Almighty, Holy, Righteous, Ruler God. He is faithful, and always with me. How incredibly humbling, and exciting that is. I get to enjoy Him forever. Yay!!

No comments: